AU Library Guide to Researching Topics in Women's Studies
Sample keyword search in Academic Search Premier:
1. Click on "Journal Databases" from the AU Library Web site menu.
2. List Databases by Title.
3. Select Academic Search Premier from the listing of databases (You will be required to enter your name and student ID number on an AU authentication screen).
4. Select Academic Search Premier from the listing of EBSCO databases.
5. Enter the search statement: (body image or eating disorders) and (promotion or education) and (adolescen* or teen*). Place a checkmark in the box beside "Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals" to limit the search. To retrieve only articles for which full text is available place a checkmark beside "Full Text". Click on "Search".
6. Search results: 16 items retrieved. Click on an item to display the record. Notice there are options for HTML full text or PDF full text. PDF requires that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC and provides you with the article as it would look in a print journal.
7. Record for item #1.
*****You can run this same search using the database search forms provided under Advanced Search. Notice how the form helps you keep concepts together and provides areas to select Boolean operators. Parentheses are no longer necessary.
|Return to WMST Guide|